Pousada San Raphael, Food and my room Archangel Jophiel

Pousada San Raphael is the newest in Abadiania and is very short walking distance from the Casa and it is owned by man from Greece🤗I met his mum Vasiliki and she is angel. The staff are lovely ladies. Their English is very basic so you can't really have conversation except with sign language mostly. Pousada itself have different parts. There are parts on the ground floor and outside some cottage like rooms they save for people in the wheelchairs. They don't have elevator so it is a bit of a challenge to take your suitcase up the floor. Somethimes some of the girl on reception will help.

There are lounges areas on every floor where you can go to sit. On the top of the building there is hughe balcony with beautiful view. It is still work in progress at the balcony so it is not set with tables and chairs yet.

My room like other rooms I believe was basic. Bed was very hard as rock. I usually  put the pillow on my side to be more confortable. My bed were just under the window that I cluldn't close properly. I used curtains to put in between window  gap. 

Toilet was ok. But you have to know that in all Abadiania sanitary system isn't working properly. In many places like Mortara cafe you can't put paper and flush it down the toilet. You have to put it in a garbage bin. In my room every time I flushed the water I was afraid the water will flood out😂

The shower don't touch cause something might fall off it. The water is so lukewarm that is more cold then warm. Luckily it is tropical weather so you still can take a shower without  problem. Water goes very slow, so don't use to much soap.

They don't provide the soap to wash your  hands with. You can buy it in a local shop for one Reals.

You will get one medium towel and one for under the feet on the floor. In two weeks they didn't changed my towels except once the floor one, since it was red from dust on the streets.

Also bed sheets non changed in two weeks. Every day they just mop the floor.

I was doing my bed.

The door of the room I couldn't close properly. I had to use a key to hold the door closed.

Remember to keep the toilet always closed if you don't want to have smell from septic pipes.

Probably there are better rooms then mine were. My friend was surprised my windows don't have any net for mosquitos. 

Food was plane but good. There is a lot salads to choose from or cooked veggies. Rice, beans cooked plain,  some veggie stew, somethimes plain padta,  baked potatoes. 

As a vegetarian I had good variety to choose from. 

For dessert you always have some cake, pudding and papaya and watermelon.

Breakfast have a two kinds of bread. Integral one is made by the ladies in pousada. There is cheese, jam and butter. If you eat meat there is more options including eggs. And there are the oats to make porridge too.

The food is cooked plain with no much spices.You feel full 24/7 since you don't skip the meals.

People from outside can come and eat in San Raphael too. You pay 20 Reals for a lunch or dinner and 10 for breakfast I think.

 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why do we shout when we are angry?

White feather, the angels sign that they are with us😇

Five things you should know about Tibetan prayer flags and how, why to use them (happy Lunar New year)