From Melbourne-Dubai-Rio-Brasilia

This was the best and easy going flight in my life so far! Since I already described trip from Melbourne to Dubai I will write about the route from Dubai to Rio. There are few things that it is good to consider like if you can book yourself a seat next to exit rather then next to window. Most of the flight you only see a plain wing and the bright light that you can't do a sightseen. Also when you go for such a long trip it is important you can go anytime to the toilet and little walk without making two people stand up. I was surprised in Dubai to see a massage parlour. If I did had time I would probably go for some. Also over there you can pay in American dollars. The prices are not cheap even for Australians. I got a travel kettle for friend and paid $50 USD for it.
This flight I shared with two people and was sitting next to window. The man was from Argentina and lady from Rio. We were family straight away. The man was trying to help with everything although my poor Portugeese and their poor English really restricted us. The man was sleeping most of the time and I was imbarrest to wake him up to go for a little walk. I didn't want to drink much water since I was afraid to need toilet. The lady from Rio had a prayer beads with cross over her wrist and she was kissing the cross few times. When I saw this my hearth smiled cause I knew she is the angel that is sent there to assure me I've been taking care off. To my surprise she was vegetarian too! She didn't ordered special meal lrior the flight so they didn't had extra vegetarian meal. They just gave her bits and pieces of what they had like bread, fruit salad. I ordered Oriental Vegan meal and it was so delicious!
In this flight you can sence the difference firstly with people. They were middle class working people with a visible uneasy life on their faces. But there was a energy of a community there. Something that made me feel like Im part of some hearthfull people. People were meeting each other, talk with eachother, shared snacks where in flight from Melbourne to Dubai everyone was so distanced from each other like a islands.
I loved this people and to be around them. They had a big hearth. This flight although the same Emirates company had some seats that didn't worked properly or the headphones and tv didn't worked as it should. Toilets were so small and no spaceous area in the front to strech. The crew were not as active to offer us drinks as often as from Melbs to Dubai although it was the same 14hours flight. You could go to the kitchen area to ask for some drink but in the whole 1r hours they mabye came only twice to offer some drinks. So on the end of a trip I  started to have headache. My eyes were all red and nose so dry. So get some eye drops, nose inhalator and hand cream with you! When we landed in Rio I started to be a bit scared what if someone muggled me. On the exit doors were guys that asked if I needed taxi. I asked if they were yellow taxi and they said yes but they asked 136 Reals to take me to hotel. Since I knew from Trip Advisor for them I follow advice to say no and go out for taxi. On the exit of the airport they were real yellow taxis and I asked how much to my hotel. The man said 50 Reals excatly how much Trip Advisor said it should be. Taxi driver was nice, like a tourist guide he talk about Rio and significance taking me through the CBD. It reminded me on Cuba pictures, all those neglected buildings, everythyng looked like in Communist countries and somehow dangerous. Weekend is the time where CBD is empty sunce everything is closed. Every shop had a metal full covered door and taxi driver told me not to open the window since someone can grab my phone. I noticed a lot of security and police everywhere. You can really feel and see the third world country. Many places where people live looked like scums made of cheap bricks. Althojgh this people have visible less there is something warm about them. There is social activity on every corner. It actually reminded me on Dalmatia coast where people are like that open, chaty and simple.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why do we shout when we are angry?

Five things you should know about Tibetan prayer flags and how, why to use them (happy Lunar New year)

White feather, the angels sign that they are with us😇