Who is raising our kids?




Today at the playground we met a group of kindy kids with three ladies that were looking after them. Some kids were playing around, some alone sitting aside while the majority were enjoying the activity of catching the bugs. They even brought individual little plastic containers for that.  Kids were tremendously excited and proud of their bug or insect they trapped inside of the box. It was a free play so the ladies on duty were catching up with their phones, talking to each other and I was around the kids with my kid. I follow my daughter to rocks where the sad boy was sitting alone while the other one was trying to imitate the tiger and almost fell off the rock. I managed to catch him at the last moment. I was surprised none of the ladies came to see what happen. Probably they didn't even saw it.
We moved to a climbing rope where there was a boy bullying others not allowing them to climb up. I came to him and asked: How would you feel if someone did that to you? He put his head down and step on the side.
He was doing that for some time until I came to let him know that was not the right thing to do to others. Again, none of the ladies noticed. The playground area was just a small one, and there were three of them not taking notice of behaviour like that. They were just busy on the phone.
Joining the kids that were into bugs hunting, I noticed little girl trying to smash the ants with her shoe. I couldn't tolerate it anymore! I came to her and said: Stop! That little ant is running home to his mum and dad, brother and sister. Did you think of that! The girl looked at me with the most surprised look ever! Nobody ever told her the animals also have mum and dad, and they deserve to live and not to be killed, manipulate or touchier like that.
I couldn't believe that none of the ladies or lady that were catching the bugs with kids, showed some compassion towards animals in the form of letting them go on the end. She was acting like that bugs are things, and we have absolute control over them and their lives!
That was too much for me. I was so disappointed seeing the way teacher ladies were presenting animals to the kids. I couldn't imagine leaving my kid with these kinds of people.
I was thinking how can I correct the cruelty that my child just saw. Then on our walk further we saw a little butterfly that was attacked by ants on the footpath. I took the butterfly in my hand and set ants on a side. I started to explain to my little one what happened and asked her: what do you think how we can help this butterfly?  She said to find him a new house. We even play we are giving him magical healing like Elza have in her hands so that he can fly better. Then we found a mimosa branch and put him amongst the flowers. We agreed to put him in the bush until he is ready to go on his own.
I was happy to have the opportunity to show her that we are responsible to help others in whichever form they are. Especially to ones they are weaker. To encourage life not to destroy it and to respect everyone freedom. On the end I told her that today play was all about the compassion and empathy.
I wish those kindy ladies were able to see that too, to help those kids that are looking at them as role models; to become people tomorrow that will not tame others into boxes, then to be the ones that will fix something that is broken, choose freedom and respect life in all living beings.
Let us feed that human side in us more than the instinctive one.  When we plant the tree, we cultivate it to grow. When we see some branches are increasing wrongly, we correct them on time. The same is with our kids. We have just a little time to do it right, so let us do the best we can. On them is our future, let it be better than the one we are living now.
If you are reading this now you know! And it is your responsibility to help these kids to build more loving and Compassionate World.

With Love,
Julija

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five things you should know about Tibetan prayer flags and how, why to use them (happy Lunar New year)

White feather, the angels sign that they are with us😇

Experience in Current rooms at the Casa de Dom Inacio